It’s time to move on—or maybe you’ve been “in transition” for too long. Either way, you need some input so that you know what others see when they look at your résumé, and what they hear when they interview you.
Participants will engage in a training session to improve and refine their résumés. Opportunities to engage in one-on-one Résumé Building & Review sessions can be offered as well.
- Data Collection and Organization – assessing work/activities and IMPACT (results)
- Success Story Format (Situation, Action, Results)
- Writing With Impact – how to tie actions to results
- Choosing The Right Words – transferable skills and powerful words
- Sales 101 – How will these skills benefit the hiring person’s organization?
- UB4I Writing (“YOU”/ “YOUR,” not “I,” “me,” “my”)
- Reference list
- Principles of networking
- Cover Letter and Résumé Formats – margins, font, type size, small caps, etc.
- Role Play – Mock Interviews
Participants will be able to:
- Create a complete and correct résumé, a marketing device to attract attention, generate interest, describe accomplishments, and invite contact.
- Discover, correct, and improve self-marketing messages, leading to a systematic assessment of specific work-related skills.
- Examine transferable skills and increase personal alignment with prospective organizational mission and goals.
Format—Résumé Writing, Networking, & Interviewing Workshop is an 8-hour class for up to 10 people.
Venue: Quest Workspaces
Venue Phone: 212.292.3800Address:
Quest's New York City location is between 49th and 50th Streets. 800 Third Avenue Suite 2800, New York, New York 10022 << See Google more…