This course transforms leaders into more effective and clear communicators. Changed leaders will transform the culture of the organization into a more productive and higher-performing environment that encourages clarity, ownership, initiative, and success.
In this class, supervisors and managers develop the people skills necessary to move their staff forward to the desired goal.
This session uses the Building Excellence (BE) Survey, which identifies a combination of elements that affect how well each individual achieves and performs. Respondents learn about their strengths and productivity preferences useful in developing solutions and action plans to improve performance. Using the BE, staff and leaders develop new ways to assess individual productivity needs, respectfully advocate for training and productivity preferences, develop self-leadership skills, and become more accountable and responsible.
Attendees will gain knowledge and skills required to:
- Discover Learning/Productivity Style differences, making better use of team diversity;
- Coach effectively and strategically, increasing employee engagement;
- Set personal / professional goals, marking progress toward objectives;
- Inspire greater sense of ownership and ability to take initiative with customers;
- Empower staff to innovate, increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty;
- Practice and improve giving feedback with confidence and positivity;
- Create positive messages, modeling a problem-solving, can-do attitude; and
- Improve interpersonal communications, meaning an increased public perception of authority and expertise.
Format—Leadership and Management Development is an 8-hour class for up to 15 people.
Venue: Quest Workspaces
Venue Phone: 212.292.3800Address:
Quest's New York City location is between 49th and 50th Streets. 800 Third Avenue Suite 2800, New York, New York 10022 << See Google more…