Phone = Vehicle For Excellent Customer Service
Using the phone is one excellent form of Customer Service.
The telephone is a powerful and efficient way to connect a potential client’s need to a solution. When using the phone:
- Speak with a smile.
- Remember manners and etiquette.
- Maintain a professional image.
- Use person’s name.
When answering the phone:
- Give a warm greeting: Good morning.
- Identify yourself: This is Rich.
- Offer assistance: How can I help you?
- Prepare – know what you want to say.
- Smile – maintain pleasant demeanor.
- Focus only on the person; avoid distractions like food, mail, email.
- Get the person’s name (make him/her feel valued right away).
- Identify the problem (show empathy, when appropriate).
- State your company’s credibility and capability.
- Offer appointment (service) based on priority level.
- If asked, discuss payment terms.
- End courteously.