RESUME WRITING AND JOB SEARCH
To create an effective, memorable, and winning resume, you need help—from an outside point of view. With Improving Communications, you will work with an expert to plan, write, and edit/rewrite your resume.
In these one-on-one sessions you will:
- Learn the difference between a resume and cover letter,
- Complete a resume data sheet,
- List your work activities,
- Formulate all the parts of the resume,
- Go through the job search process,
- Find a career path/job that motivates you,
- Create a winning benefit-centered cover letter,
- Develop a list of qualified references, and
- Practice best methods for networking.
- Focus on preparation, practice and performance,
- Research potential employers,
- Dress for success, and
- Practice interview with emphasis on:
- Body language,
- Listening, and
- Interview questions.