Each participant in the Improving Communications Leadership & Management Development training completes the Building Excellence Profile. BE is a web-based online learning-style assessment for people in business. It identifies 28 elements that may affect, positively or negatively, how each individual achieves and performs in work-based learning environments.
Using the Building Excellence Profile allows leaders and staff to understand themselves better, and develop a greater appreciation for the learning/productivity diversity within the organization.
BE gives a comprehensive picture of unique learning/productivity strengths and preferences. This knowledge is used to develop individualized solutions and concrete action plans to improve learning and performance.
- Perceptual Elements—how we learn and retain new knowledge (auditory, visual, tactile and/or kinesthetic, and verbal).
- Psychological Elements—how we process new information and for making decisions/solving problems (analytic/global, reflective/impulsive).
- Environmental Elements—how the work environment contributes to or detracts from productivity (sound or quiet, bright or low light, warm or cool temperature, informal or formal seating).
- Physiological Elements—how we remain energized and stay alert at work (time of day, intake, and mobility).
- Emotional Elements—how quickly we complete challenging and complex tasks (internal or external motivation, single or multiple task persistence, more or less conformity, and more or less structure).
- Sociological Elements—how we prefer to work and interact effectively with others (alone/pair/ small or large group, more or less authority, more or less variety).
Focus on any one of these elements (especially one that you felt strongly about when you saw it above). When you are working, and that element is accommodated, according to your productivity style, it means that you will get more done! What would happen if many of these elements are accommodated? It always means greater productivity and getting more done.
Have Improving Communications come to your organization to conduct a Productivity-Style Assessment and create an Action Plan for leaders and staff. You will develop a more pleasant workplace environment and save the company money at the same time. Contact us to make arrangements.